Grab your American flag, put on your red, white and blue, and celebrate America's independence July 4, from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. with an Independence Day parade and celebration on the Square presented by Superior Plumbing, free live concerts, arts and crafts show, food, carnival games and the City of Marietta fireworks finale. Throughout the day, more than 80,000 people are expected to celebrate on the Square with great food, fun activities, the best arts and crafts around and free entertainment from Sons of Sailors, a Jimmy Buffett Tribute Band. Come out to hear all of your favorite Parrott Head songs and enjoy a Cheeseburger in Paradise! Opening for Sons of Sailors is Caryn Womack, one of the up-and-coming country acts from 94.9 The Bull’s Backyard Country lineup. Concerts are presented by 94.9 The Bull.
The Marietta Independence Day parade is scheduled to include more than 115 entries with more than 40 floats and approximately 2,000 participants. Entries include marching units from the City of Marietta, civic organizations, beauty queens, scouts and local businesses. The parade begins at 10 a.m. at Roswell Street Baptist Church and travels west on Roswell Street, north on East Park Square past Glover Park and the Square, down Cherokee Street and ends at North Marietta Parkway.
Crafts, food and carnival
- Arts and crafts show with nearly 100 unique handcrafted vendors: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Food concessions: Anything to please the palate from ice products to cool you down to corndogs and BBQ to satisfy your appetite. 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Kid’s Zone – huge interactive kids play area: 10 a.m.-dark; tickets for games available at booths located throughout the park
Stage in Glover Park
- 12 noon – Scott Thompson
- 2:00 – Bell ringing ceremony
- 2:15 – Float Award Ceremony
- 2:30 – 3:30 Atlanta Concert Band
- 7- 8:00 – Caryn Womack- 94.9 The Bull Backyard Country Artist
- 8-9:30 – 94.9 The Bull presents Sons of Sailors
- 9:30ish – Fireworks
The City of Marietta Fireworks
The City of Marietta fireworks display is scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m. and will be shot from the First United Methodist Church parking lot. If bad weather is expected, the fireworks may begin a few minutes early, to ensure the entire display is completed. If you want to watch the fireworks, make sure you get there early to grab a spot because traffic is expected to be heavy.
Concert Table Sales
Stage in Glover Park
Concert tables are available for purchase in 8-tops and 6-tops for $100 and $80 respectively. Tables can be claimed beginning at 5:30 p.m. on the fourth and you can purchase one by calling 770.423.1330., or email Peter Jezerinac at firstname.lastname@example.org.