WARNING - Do NOT use a Smoke Bomb In YOUR HOME!

posted by Denise -

A man outside Detroit is homeless this week after his plan to use a smoke bomb to get rid of household skunks literally blew up in his face. 

The unidentified male rented the house in Ferndale, where he set off a smoke bomb at 10:30 a.m. on Monday to get rid of skunks in his crawlspace. 

Instead, his residence quickly became engulfed in flames, although The Detroit Free Press notes he waited 15 minutes after the fire broke out to call the authorities. 

"The house was a complete loss," says Ferndale fire chief Kevin P. Sullivan. "If one is an absolute, die-hard do-it-yourselfer, please read and understand the directions and warning labels before applying an incendiary [like a smoke bomb] to your home or garage."

More from The Detroit Free Press HERE

Comments

title

Content Goes Here

This ad will close in X seconds.