BILL COSBY IS OUT OF PRISON AFTER CONVICTION OVERTURNED
It’s official, Bill Cosby is out of prison – and he’s not going back. Not related to this charge, at least – but more on that in a second. He walked out of a Pennsylvania state prison yesterday after his sexual assault conviction was overturned.
At 83-years-old, Cosby had served more than two years of a three- to ten-year sentence at a state prison for the 2004 assault of Andrea Constand. As for the conviction, the state Supreme Court overturned it, not because Cosby was innocent, but because his trial was tainted because it allowed past alleged sexual assaults to be presented. And also? The fact that Cosby’s own statements had been used against him.
As you might recall, Cosby had with a previous prosecutor, preventing him from being charged in the case due to an ongoing civil trial. The subsequent prosecutor basically went back on the deal his predecessor had cut. Constitutionally, you can’t do that, as it amounts to subverting a defendant’s right against self-incrimination.
BRITNEY SPEARS DAD INSISTS HE ISN'T KEEPING HER FROM GETTING MARRIED OR HAVING ANOTHER CHILD
As I told you, Britney Spears testified that her conservatorship is keeping her from getting married again and having another child, but now her father Jamie is insisting he is not the person standing in her way.
In new legal documents Jamie states that he hasn’t been involved in personal decisions about Britney for nearly two years and that it’s her court-appointed personal conservator Jodi Montgomery who is to blame for all the restrictive rules against Brit. Jamie says he hasn’t spoken to his daughter because "he has been cut off from communicating with her."
- He says when Jodi was appointed to her position it was because Britney’s lawyer argued she wasn’t mentally capable of make medical decisions for herself.
- Jamie also says he’s not keeping Britney from marrying, pointing to the fact that he consented to her 2011 engagement to Jason Tawick, which ended in 2013.
- Jamie is now asking for an investigation into the claims put forth by Britney in her statement. He notes, "Either the allegations will be shown to be true, in which case corrective action must be taken, or they will be shown to be false, in which case the conservatorship can continue its course."
- But Montgomery has now responded to Jamie’s claims, insisting her only job is "to assist and encourage Britney in her path to no longer needing a conservatorship of the person." She says a conservator doesn’t have the authority to keep Britney from getting married or having a child, and contends she’s been a "tireless advocate" for Britney and her wellbeing.
- When it comes to money, Montgomery says that’s all under Jamie’s control. She says there have been times when requests she’s put in on Britney’s behalf, even ones recommended by the singer’s medical team, have been denied.
ADAM SANDLER IS HOSTING BASKETBALL TRYOUTS FOR HIS NEW MOVIE!
Adam Sandler is looking for, quote, "highly skilled" basketball players for his new Netflix movie,"Hustle".
There are only a few rules to tryout: you must be a dude . . . you must be 18 to 30 years old . . . and you can't already be playing in the NCAA. Tryouts will be held in mid-July in Delaware, according to a casting call. Filming starts at the end of August.
The movie has Adam playing an American basketball scout who is unjustly fired after discovering a once-in-a-lifetime player abroad. He then brings the player to the U.S. to prove that they BOTH have what it takes to make it in the NBA.
(Adam is spotted playing basketball a lot. Not surprised that he FINALLY does a basketball movie.)