THE WEEKNDS "SAVE YOUR TEARS" IS VEVOS MOST VIEWED VIDEO OF 2021
When it comes to music videos for the past year, The Weeknd reigns supreme. The R&B star’s clip for “Save Your Tears” was Vevo’s most-played video, both globally and in the U.S. for 2021.
Overall, “Save Your Tears,” which was released early in the year, was viewed 615 million times globally, and 102.9 million times in the U.S.
Coming in second in the U.S. was Lil Baby’s “On Me,” with 94 million views, followed by Lil Nas X’s“Montero (Call Me By Your Name),” with 91.3 million views.
Vevo’s Most Viewed Videos in the U.S. For 2021
- “Save Your Tears” – The Weeknd
- “On Me” – Lil Baby
- “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” – Lil Nas X
- “Rapstar” – Polo G
- “Every Chance I Get” -DJ Khaled feat Lil Baby & Lil Durk
- “Driver’s License” – Olivia Rodrigo
- “Good 4 U” – Olivia Rodrigo
- “Kiss Me More” – Doja Cat feat SZA
- “No More Parties (Remix)” – Coi Leray feat Lil Durk
- “Peaches” – Justin Bieber feat Daniel Caesar & Giveon
SELENA GOMEZ SAYS WEARING MAKEUP AT A YOUNG AGE MESSED HER UP
Selena Gomez has been in showbiz since she was really young, starring in “Barney & Friends,” the Disney Channel sitcom “Wizards Of Waverly Place” and more, which means she’s been wearing makeup for years, and, in case you missed it, she doesn’t think that was very good for her.
“I've been in makeup since I was seven years old. I feel like that kind of messed with me,” she tells “Elle” magazine. “You're so young and then working. I have professionals doing my makeup and suddenly I can look 25 when I was 16, and it was crazy.”
She adds, “Then I felt like, “Oh, I look too young all the time. I should achieve that look more. I should try that.’ It just made me question my beauty for what it was.”
- Selena says that’s why she wanted to start her Rare Beauty line. "I've been a victim to wanting to change my face and do things because I see such like intense trends,” she says. “I wanted the brand to be there for girls and guys and whoever to feel like it's okay to not look like everybody else.”
OJ SIMPSON'S PAROLE IS OVER
OJ Simpson has been out of jail since 2017, but he’s been on parole. He was supposed to stay on it until February, but thanks to good behavior credits, he was able to get off parole early.
According to Malcolm LeVergne, OJ’s lawyer, he’s a “completely free man now.”
To review, the 74-year-old was convicted of trying to steal football memorabilia in Las Vegas in 2007. While he was sentenced to 33 years, he only served nine.