A trip to the ballpark would be nothing if there wasn’t the food to look forward to. The game is fine, but it’s the food that helps make it an experience. For 2022, many Major League parks have stepped up their food game. Here’s the best of that batch…
- Loaded Helmet Nachos (Angel Stadium) – It’s gloriously messy, with chips, chicken, guac, beans, cheese, pico, and jalapenos…and someone gets to keep the helmet.
- Rueben Some Dirt On It Dog/S.I. Cover Dog (Chase Field) – Each dog runs $30, but they’re worth it. The Rueben has a rye bun, mac and cheese, fried pickles, green onions, and a “secret sauce.” The Cover Dog has bratwurst on an onion bun with fried mac. Both are limited offerings.
- Pizza Cupcake (Citi Field) – It’s exactly what you think it is, and it’s wonderful.
- Donut Burger (Citizen Bank Park) – The minor league classic goes big time. It’s a bacon cheeseburger with a glazed donut bun, dashed with spicy pepper jam.
- Garden Salad Jars/Coney Dog Egg Rolls (Comerica Park) – The salads are for the health-minded ballgame food connoisseur. The egg rolls are a new twist on a stadium classic.
- California Roll Bowl (Dodger Stadium) – Sushi rice topped with imitation crab meat, sriracha aioli, edamame, carrots, and cucumbers…all in a souvenir bowl.
- RWB Bowl/Fowl Pole (Globe Life Park) – The Red, White, and Blue Dog has the meat dressed with Gherkins relish (dyed red and blue) and a strip of white onions. The Fowl Pole is a two-pound chicken strip is really eight chicken breasts wrapped together and fried, and comes with waffle fries, honey mustard, and ranch.
- Impossible Asian Appetizer Due (Guaranteed Rate Field) – You’ve got pan-fried pot stickers and a soy chili dipping sauce alongside a crispy spring roll with Chinese hot mustard sauce.
- Red Curry Bowl/Boozy Popsicles (Oakland Coliseum) – The Red Curry Bowl has egg noodles mingling with curry, chicken, and bell peppers. The Party Pops boozy popsicles are exactly what they sound like, with the Blueberry Mania and Moscow Mule varieties getting high marks.
- Quinoa Blueberry Salad (PNC Park) – The best of the healthy offerings coming from Major League ballparks this season.
- Buzz Margarita/Magenta Mojo Cocktail (Safeco Field) – The Buzz features Mezcal, Szechuan buttons, edible flowers, and is topped with toasted grasshoppers…seriously. For different tastes, the Magenta Mojo joins the booze with grapefruit, rose, and hibiscus for something truly refreshing.
- The Boomstick/Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Candied Bacon Sandwich (Target Field) – The Boomstick is a two-food hot dog with chili, nacho cheese, jalapenos, and frilled onions…and is something to behold. The PB&J comes on sourdough bread with the bacon expertly placed within.
- Meaty Delights (Tropicana Field) – This is a three-way tie between their dry-rubbed ribs, the short rib grilled cheese, or the Ropa Vieja Bowl (which features brisket, white rice, plantains, peppers, and onions.
- Big Red Machine Burger (Great American Ballpark) – They take a pretzel bun, and insert a Big Red Smokey, sauerkraut, and beer cheese. It’s oversized and you won’t need anything else for a couple of days.
But the most impressive of all? The Atlanta Braves’ MLB ‘World Championship’ burger. Maybe not for what’s on it…but the $25-thousand price tag. Yup – you heard that right. Oh, and there’s a cheaper version for $151 – the difference?
- The burger itself is a Wagyu beef patty, topped with pan-fried eggs, foie gras, lobster tail, Tillamook cheddar cheese, truffle aoili and an heirloom tomato. It also comes with a side of parmesan waffle fries. And a replica World Series ring. For $25k? It comes with an actual limited-edition World Series ring.
Source: Ball Park Savvy