Everyone wants to get a good deal when booking travel, but how do you know when is the right time book in order to get one? Well, Expedia is here to help.
- The travel company just released their annual report revealing the best travel hacks, including when to book, when to travel and other tips.
- When it comes to booking flights, the best time to book a domestic flight is between 28 to 35 days in advance, with prices starting to increase 21 days before departure.
- For international flights, to get the lowest prices you need to book three to four months in advance.
- The best day of the week to book in order to get a cheap fare is Sunday, with domestic travelers saving around 5%, and international travelers saving close to 10%.
- The ideal day of the week to travel domestically is Friday, which will result in a savings of more than 15%.
- Thursday is the cheapest day to travel for international flights, saving you about 5%.
- In general, for both domestic and international travel, it is cheaper to start the trip during the latter half of the week (Wednesday through Saturday).
- Being flexible and choosing the right month can also help save you money.
- Domestically, January is the best month to travel, resulting in a 10% savings over June travel.
- Internationally, August is the best month, resulting in a 20% savings compared to December.