Rotten Tomatoes researched movies that Cruise was in and the amount of running that he did. When Cruise ran more than 1,000 feet in a movie, the film had a higher Tomatometer average than movies where he was just slouching around. In the films where he ran, the movies excelled at the box office with an average inflated international gross of $538 million.
Despite being 56-years-old, Tom can’t afford to stop running. Throughout his nearly 40-year career, Cruise is running more than ever in some of his latest films. In 2006, Cruise ran 3,212 feet in Mission: Impossible III which is nearly as much as the 3,299 feet he ran in his 12 movies in the ’80s. Mission: Impossible – Fallout just arrived in theaters so it didn’t make the list, but check out the top ten Tom Cruise running movies.
- Mission: Impossible III – 3,212 feet
- Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol – 3,066 feet
- War of the Worlds – 1,752 feet
- Minority Report – 1,562 feet
- The Firm – 1,241 feet
- Edge of Tomorrow – 1,065 feet
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back – 1,051 feet
- The Mummy – 1,022 feet
- Mission Impossible – Rogue Nation – 1,007 feet
- Vanilla Sky – 832 feet
While running has been great for business, Tom may want to stop jumping because it’s not best for his ribs.