Girl Tries On Shoes Barefoot, Gets Deadly Infection


A 4-year-old girl in the UK became seriously ill after she developed sepsis a day after trying on shoes when she was not wearing any socks. 

Doctors who diagnosed Sienna with sepsis say she may have contracted the deadly disease from bacteria in the shoes, which entered her body through an open wound such as a cut or bite on her foot, according to The Sun

“They said it was sepsis and thought they would have to operate," Sienna's mom Jodie told The Sun. “But the doctors have managed to drain all the pus from her leg and say the antibiotic drip will do the job.”

Sienna has been released from the hospital but is still under careful observation. 

"I'm guilty not doing it for mine and myself, but this can be the outcome infection spreading throughout the body," Thomas wrote in the post. "You don't know whos feet has been in them beforehand!!! Who would thought trying new shoes on could make someone so ill. So with back to school shopping underway, carry a pair of spare socks!" she warned. 

Terry J

Terry J

Born and raised in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I graduated from Louisiana State University (LSU) and yes, I bleed Purple and Gold. Love food! I try to be very active love to watch and participate in sports as well as going for runs throughout the... Read more


Content Goes Here